Do you know our internationale jury members?
On 14 June, the jury will gather for the second time to select the winners out of the large group of participants for the Henry van de Velde Awards 19. 3 international jury members join them for this difficult task.
- Peter Ghyczy
Peter Ghyczy started his working career as chief designer of plastics producer in West Germany. He was responsible for setting up the design department, developing model polyurethane products. One of his very first designs there was the iconic ‘Garden Egg’ chair from 1968. This extraordinary chair gained cult status and featured in many design exhibitions around the world. Between 1968 and 1972 Peter Ghyczy developed many innovative designs, which identified him as one of the most productive designers of these years. Today, Peter Ghyczy is the Founder and Head Designer of his own design brand GHYCZY that makes bespoke furniture, lighting and design objects.
- Kristiina Lassus
Born in Helsinki, Finland in 1966 but based in Italy since 20 years, Kristiina Lassus graduated from the Aalto University, Finland (previously UIAH) with two Master of Arts degrees (MA): in Design Leadership in 1992, and in Interior Architecture and Interior Architecture and Furniture Design in 1995. She also further specialized in Product Development Management at the Helsinki University of Technology in 1993.
Her work experience ranges from free lance design services (Interior design, product design) to in Design and Project Management services. (Amongst her employees and clientele Alessi, Artek, Zanotta, Poltronova, Finnpro, as well as various Finnish Design firms).
In 2007 she registered her own trademark, KRISTIINA LASSUS, known for exclusive and artisanal luxury rugs, produced and marketed by herself world widely.
- Anne van der Zwaag
Anne van der Zwaag is a cultural entrepreneur who works as a curator, writer and consultant in the creative as well as the commercial industries. She is the director and owner of designfair OBJECT in Rotterdam, in which over 150 designers participate yearly, and the Amsterdam based platform BIG ART. Anne curated large interdisciplinary exhibitions and wrote several publications about design, art, fashion, architecture and colour. She has a column in the ELLE Decoration and De Architect and is a guest tutor at art and design schools in the Netherlands and abroad. Anne is active in many boards, jury’s and advise committees and speaks regularly about what moves her in life.
The international jury collaborates with the national jury. This is the national jury
- Ronald Bastiaens, cordinator Bachelor Industrial Product Design Howest
- An Bogaerts, freelance lifestyle journalist for De Standaard Magazine, Sabato Magazine and Feeling Wonen / Gaël Maison
- Evelien Bracke, scientific collaborator Design museum Gent, curator, advisor
- Tom Delaey, product designer
- Frederik De Smedt, functional analyst at Nobel Biocare
- Katrien Laporte, director Design museum Gent
- Giovanna Massoni, freelance journalist and independent design consultant; artistic director Reciprocity Liège
- Chris Meplon, freelance journalist, design critic, author and curator
- Hilde Peleman, founder and CEO Copyright bookshop
- Hugo Puttaert, head Graphic Design, teacher MA Graphic Design, coordinator publication platform Yellow Press, coordinator Integrated Conferences
- Liv Vaisberg, art & design professional, founder Collectible, founder Complex, founder Ping Pong Agency
- Heleen Van Loon, staff at Z33
- Lise Van Tendeloo, coordinator Designregio Kortrijk
- Saskia Westerduin, creative director Ministry of Makers