Call for designers: Henry van de Velde Awards 2021
After the successful edition 2020, we launch the Henry van de Velde Awards 2021! We are once again looking for meaningful, innovative, functional and sustainable design projects with a Flemish link. You can register on this website until 24 May 2020.
Henry van de Velde Awards
The Henry van de Velde Awards showcase and applaud national and international Flemish designers, enterprises, products, projects and services which, as a result of their design or their solution of a given problem, have a positive impact on the economy and society.
The Henry van de Velde Awards are widely supported thanks to the shared vision of a professional jury with considerable expertise in the industry. The official award ceremony, exhibition and accompanying publication make the Henry van de Velde Awards a true platform for Flemish design.
In 2021, 12 Henry van de Velde Gold Awards and 14 Henry van de Velde Awards will be presented. The categories Company, Ecodesign by OVAM, Lifetime Achievement, Young Talent and Public cannot be entered. These will be indicated by the jury.
For the other 7 categories, a product, service or system can be entered. These categories are:
- Business Innovation Award
- Climate Challenge Award by VMM
- Consumer Award
- Crafts by Bokrijk Award
- Digital Product Award
- Graphic & Communication Award
- Habitat Award
Would you like to register? Then take a look at the conditions below:
- Entries will be made in the prescribed manner, in full and within the prescribed time limit. In addition to a motivation as to why an entry falls within 1 of the 7 categories, you also need to provide an explanation of the sustainability of the entry. If the entry does not meet these requirements, the organisation is entitled to exclude it.
- The entries have a Flemish link, either via the designer or design studio, or via the producer, editor or another client.
- The product in its current form was launched on the market between 1 April 2019 and 24 May 2020, and the services trajectory was completed after 1 April 2019.
- Entries can be made here until 24 May 2020. Keep all necessary information at hand, because it is not possible to save the entry for the time being.
- Entering one project in multiple categories is allowed, just as participation with multiple projects is allowed.
The entire set of regulations can be found here.
For more information contact:
Bie Luyssaert, +32 (0) 497 59 33 17, email@example.com
Inge Vranken, +32 (0) 497 59 33 20, firstname.lastname@example.org